At Hallam Secondary College all students in Year 11 and 12 are Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) students.
The VCE at Hallam is a 3 year journey with units that need to be satisfactorily completed over the course of Year 10, 11 and 12. Units 1 and 2 are usually completed in Year 10 and 11, and Units 3 and 4 are usually completed in Year 11 and 12.
Each unit per semester includes:
- 50-60 hours in class
- 30 hours of structured homework
- 20-30 hours of independent study (revision)
At Hallam Senior College we expect students undertaking the VCE Course to satisfactorily complete a minimum of 22 units.
- Complete 1 unit per semester in Year 10
- Complete 5 units per semester in Year 11 (1 of which is English)
- Complete 5 units per semester in Year 12 (1 of which is English)
At the end of Year 11 students will undergo significant course counselling and be assisted in selecting a Certification that they will complete in Year 12. The choices comprise of VCE – ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank) or VCE – VM (Vocational Major).