The Hallam Senior College Sports Academy offers students a unique Rugby League Development Program that provides specialisation in conditioning, training and playing whilst simultaneously providing career pathways connected to the Rugby League Industry.
Students are coached and mentored by elite identities from the sport and directed towards tertiary courses and industry pathways connected to the sport. High performance is an expectation. The program is accessible to Year 10, 11 and Year 12 students from Hallam Senior College.
- Recognise high performance conditioning, skill training and playing as an integral educational tool and implement it as part of the student’s study
- Develop advanced skills, knowledge and understanding of Rugby League
- Allow students to participate in competency based learning that will contribute to their ATAR score
- Promote and enhance self discipline, goal setting, time management and leadership through team participation and team experiences
- To increase the employability skills of students connected to the Sport & Recreation industry.
Training and Curriculum Opportunities
- Sport Specific Fitness Testing (Academy League)
- Sport Specific Strength and Conditioning: WAPA (Woodford Athletic Performance Academy)
- Skill Acquisition
- Tactical Strategies
- Skill and Games Analysis
- NRL Coaching Course
- NRL Referee Course
- Community Clinics
- VCE subjects and pathways
- VCAL subjects and pathways
- VET subjects: Large selection of VET programs on site
For more information and application forms, please contact the College.
Coaches, Program Highlights & Honour Roll
For more information please download the following pdf