The Hallam Secondary College Sports Academy: Netball (Girls)
is a unique program that offers a wide range of elite industry pathways for girls in Years 10-12.
It is designed for those who are committed and talented in Netball, Sport and Recreation fields and or Physical Education. It also provides unique opportunities to complete a Vocational Education and Training qualification e.g., a trade qualification without leaving the college.
The Netball program has strong connections with a range of elite athlete and pathway programs. This includes access to a range of industry leaders and experts in Netball.
The program also provides interstate opportunities and its involvement at School Sport Victoria and invitation only competitions.
- To implement high performance conditioning and injury prevention programs for year 10, 11 and 12 students
- Implement individual long term athlete development programs and a range of short courses with a strong focus on developing skills and craft
- Develop elite skills, knowledge and understanding of Netball through an education program that utilises the latest technology, processes and systems including GPS, video analysis, fitness testing and sports science
- To develop young women and leaders on and off the court
- Allow students to choose from a range of educational pathways that contribute to the new VCE
- To learn from a range of external coaches (Including Inspire Sports Group) and strength and conditioning coaches which are complemented with Deakin University sports science interns
- Conduct junior community coaching clinics in the region.
Teams participate in the following competitions:
- Waverley International Tournament
- State & National Sporting trips
For more information please download the following pdf
Netball Program Flyer (PDF)
For more information and application forms, please contact the College or click here.
You can also follow our netball program through on Facebook