The Hallam Senior College Sports Academy offers students a unique Netball Development program that provides specialisation in conditioning, training and match play whilst simultaneously providing career pathways connected to the sports industry and other personal interests.
- Recognise high performance conditioning, skill training and playing as an integral educational tool and implement it as part of the student’s study.
- Develop advanced skills, knowledge and understanding of Netball in line with Netball Victoria rules and regulations.
- Allow students to participate in competence-based learning that will contribute to their ATAR score.
- Promote and enhance self-discipline, goal setting, time management and leadership through team participation and team experience.
- To increase the employability skills of students connected to the Sport and Recreation industry.
- The program is accessible to Year 10, 11 and Year 12 students from Hallam Senior College.
Training and Curriculum Opportunities
- Sport Specific Fitness Testing (Academy League)
- Sport Specific Strength and Conditioning
- Develop netball tactics and game strategy in netball play
- Skill acquisition
- Skill and game analysis
- Develop and update officiating knowledge
- Community clinics
- VCE subjects and pathways
- VCAL subjects and pathways
- VET subjects: Large selection of VET programs on site
- Coaching and training with elite coaches from Inspire Sports Group
Teams participate in the following competitions:
- School Sport Victoria Netball Tournament
- Victorian Schools Netball Championships
- Various arranged practice matches
- Interstate trips
- Weekend tournaments
For more information please download the following pdf
Netball Program Flyer (PDF)
For more information and application forms, please contact the College or click here.
You can also follow our netball program through the following :