The Hallam Senior College Sports Academy offers students a unique Basketball Development Program that provides specialisation in conditioning, training and playing whilst simultaneously providing career pathways connected to the Basketball Industry.
Students are coached and mentored by elite identities from the sport and directed towards tertiary courses and industry pathways connected to the sport. High performance is an expectation. The program is accessible to Year 10, 11 and Year 12 students from Hallam Senior College.
- Recognise high performance conditioning, skill training and playing as an integral educational tool and implement it as part of the student’s study
- Develop advanced skills, knowledge and understanding of Basketball
- Allow students to participate in competency based learning that will contribute to their ATAR score
- Promote and enhance self discipline, goal setting, time management and leadership through team participation and team experiences
- To increase the employability skills of students connected to the Sport & Recreation industry.
Weekly Program Can Include
Rehabilitation, strength & conditioning, skills practice and match play, community links & structured workplace learning.
Teams participate in the following competitions:
- SSV Knockout Competition
- ACS, Rowville and Marby Tournaments
- Parkdale/ Hallam Annual Academy Challenge
- Queensland Trip
- Victorian College Championships
- McDonalds Cup Tournament
- National Championships
Coaches, Program Highlights & Honour Roll
For more information, coahcing profiles and program highlights please download the following pdf:
You can also follow our Basketball Academy through the following:
For more information and application forms, please contact the College.