Dear Students, Parents and Carers and Staff Members,
The Government has announced the extension of lock down and remote learning for another week with an anticipated return to school on Wednesday July 28th. With the extension of the shutdown the following will occur:
- All students who can learn at home must learn from home. Students will continue to work remotely, returning on Wednesday July 28th
- Staff will continue to provide lessons according to the normal timetable. All lesson plans will be uploaded to compass prior to the lesson.
- Each class will have a Webex on- line lesson for the first class of the week and at least a second “on line” class which will be identified by the teacher.
- Students will be contacted by their Advocate Staff member each day to establish their readiness for learning, mark the roll for attendance and provide any other support.
- Events such as parent teacher interviews will be deferred until a later date and will be on- line interviews.
- College Council has been shifted to August 2nd.
- Information sessions for 2022 – Year 10 to 11, 11 to 12 and Year 12 VTAC will be held this Thursday on- line. Links will be sent to all families.
All staff have been working hard to put curriculum plans in place to ensure continuity of learning and to support the wellbeing of all our students. The main focus is on providing consistent and predictable routines for the students.
Resources are key in ensuring the success of students during this time. During the previous period of remote learning all students had access to IT. If there has been a change in circumstances and a student does not have access to digital technologies at home- laptop or the internet – please let the school know ASAP.
This is clearly going to be a challenging time for all of us. It is critically important that we work very closely together to ensure that we provide the very best possible support for the ongoing wellbeing and learning of our students and your children. If there are issues with students working remotely from home, please contact the Year Level Coordinator or Principal Class at the College.
Thank you for your support during this time.
Hallam Senior College