The Hallam Secondary College Sports Academy: Rugby League – Boys (RLB) is a unique program that offers a wide range of elite industry pathways for girls in Years 10-12.
It is designed for those who are committed and talented in Rugby League, Sport and Recreation fields and or Physical Education. It also provides unique opportunities to complete a Vocational Education and Training qualification e.g., a trade qualification without leaving the college.
The RLB program has strong connections with a range of elite athlete and pathway programs including but not limited to NRL Victoria, Melbourne Storm, other academies and NRL pathways. This includes access to a range of industry leaders and experts in sport.
The program also provides interstate opportunities and its involvement at NRL Schools competitions and other arranged match opportunities.
- To implement high performance conditioning and injury prevention programs for year 10, 11 and 12 students
- Implement individual long term athlete development programs and a range of short courses with a strong focus on developing skills and craft
- Develop elite skills, knowledge and understanding of Rugby League through an education program that utilises technology, processes and systems including GPS, video analysis, fitness testing and sports science.
- To develop young men and leaders on and off the field.
- Allow students to choose from a range of educational pathways that contribute to the new VCE
- To learn from a range of external coaches including but not limited to AFL/NRL tackling coach, strength and conditioning coaches which is complemented with Deakin University sports science interns.
- Conduct junior community coaching clinics in the region
Athletes have multiple opportunities to apply their skills and knowledge by participating in the following competitions:
- NRL 9’s
- Touch Football
Senior Rugby League Competitions:
- 16 years: 13-a-side
- Senior Boys (Past Grand Finals on AAMI Park) Interstate matches
For more information and application forms, please contact the College or click here.
Coaches, Program Highlights & Honour Roll
For more information please download the following pdf