Boys Program – New in 2019
The Hallam Senior College Sports Academy offers students a unique Netball Development program that provides specialisation in conditioning, training and match play whilst simultaneously providing career pathways connected to the sports industry and other personal interests.
- Recognise high performance conditioning, skill training and playing as an integral educational tool and implement it as part of the student’s study.
- Develop advanced skills, knowledge and understanding of Netball in line with Netball Victoria rules and regulations.
- Allow students to participate in competence-based learning that will contribute to their ATAR score.
- Promote and enhance self-discipline, goal setting, time management and leadership through team participation and team experience.
- To increase the employability skills of students connected to the Sport and Recreation industry.
- The program is accessible to Year 10, 11 and Year 12 students from Hallam Senior College.
Training and Curriculum Opportunities
- Sport Specific Fitness Testing (Academy League)
- Sport Specific Strength and Conditioning
- Develop netball tactics and game strategy in netball play
- Skill acquisition
- Skill and game analysis
- Develop and update officiating knowledge
- Community clinics
- VCE subjects and pathways
- VCAL subjects and pathways
- VET subjects: Large selection of VET programs on site
- Coaching and training with elite coaches from Inspire Sports Group
Teams participate in the following competitions:
- School Sport Victoria Netball Tournament
- Victorian Schools Netball Championships
- Various arranged practice matches
- Interstate trips
- Weekend tournaments
For more information please download the following pdf
Netball Program Flyer (PDF)
You can also follow our netball program through the following :