The Hallam Secondary College Sports Academy: Basketball, is a unique program that offers a wide range of elite industry pathways for students in Years 10-12.
It is designed for those who are committed and display talent and a work ethic in Basketball, Sport and Recreation fields and or Physical Education. It also provides unique opportunities to complete a Vocational Education and Training qualification e.g., a trade qualification without leaving the college.
The Basketball program has strong connections with a range of elite athlete and pathway programs. This includes access to a range of industry leaders and experts in Basketball.
The program also provides interstate opportunities and its involvement at School Sport Victoria and invitation only competitions.
- To develop skills, knowledge and understanding of the game of Basketball through an education program that utilises the latest technology, processes and systems including GPS, video analysis, fitness testing and sports science
- To implement high performance conditioning and injury prevention programs for participants
- To develop individual long term athlete training programs focused on skill acquisition
- To develop young adults and leaders on and off the court
- To allow students to choose from a range of educational pathways that contribute to the new VCE
- To learn from a range of external coaching staff and strength and conditioning coaches which are supported by Deakin University sports science interns
- To participate in elite school based competitions run across the school year
Weekly Program Can Include
Rehabilitation, strength & conditioning, skills practice and match play, community links & structured workplace learning.
Teams participate in the following competitions:
- SSV Knockout Competition
- BV 3 on 3 Competition
- Victorian College Championships
- Champions Cup Tournament
- National Championships
- Practice matches arranged against other schools
Coaches, Program Highlights & Honour Roll
For more information, coahcing profiles and program highlights please download the following pdf:
You can also follow our Basketball Academy through the:
For more information and application forms, please contact the College or click here.