The Hallam Senior College Sports Academy offers students a unique Australian Rules Football Development Program that provides specialisation in conditioning, training and playing whilst simultaneously providing career pathways connected to the Australian Rules Football Industry.
Students are coached and mentored by highly qualified staff from the sport and directed towards tertiary courses and industry pathways connected to the sport. High performance is an expectation.
The program is accessible to Year 10, 11 and Year 12 students from Hallam Senior College.
- Recognise high performance conditioning, skill training and playing as an integral educational tool and implement it as part of the student’s study
- Develop advanced skills, knowledge and understanding of Australian Rules Football
- Allow students to participate in competency based learning that will contribute to their ATAR score
- Promote and enhance self discipline, goal setting, time management and leadership through team participation and team experiences
- To increase the employability skills of students connected to the Sport & Recreation industry.
Weekly Program Includes
Rehabilitation, strength & conditioning and/or physiotherapy, skills practice and match play, community links & structured workplace learning.
The 1st XVIII participate in the following competitions:
- SSV Knockout Competition
- Interstate Sporting Exchanges
- AFL Victoria Herald Sun Shield
For more information and application forms, please contact the College or click here.
Coaches, Program Highlights & Honour Roll
For more information, coahcing profiles and program highlights please download the following pdf:
AFL Girls Program Flyer (PDF)