The college is conscious of the need to provide an efficient process for families to be able to buy and sell their second-hand textbooks, uniforms and other student resources.
Parents have the ability to trade books as second-hand items via the Sustainable School Shop website. www.sustainableschoolshop.com.au
This service is very accessible, it preferences our school first and then provides access to buy and sell items with families attending other schools. Many schools use this service. Access to second-hand textbooks, uniforms, calculators, stationery, musical equipment, etc is available all year.
For the best results:
- Register on the Sustainable School Shop website and nominate the school
- A subscription to the service will be provided to you
- List your items for sale
- List wanted ads for those items you are looking to buy
- The school’s uniform and book lists are loaded into the system to make listing ads easy
- The system matches the ads of buyers with sellers and notifies the buyer via email
- Buyers contact sellers and arrange where and when to trade
- Most trading will occur with other parents from our school
- Parents are well supported via Sustainable School Shop’s telephone (0438 743 444) and email help lines
- The system is simple and easy to use – If you don’t have a computer, internet access or an email address, please call the Sustainable School Shop for assistance
- You can pre-arrange the transaction and then trade after the texts are not required.
The college is providing this service to our community so there is no cost for families. Each family that registers on the Sustainable School Shop will be given a subscription.
We are very excited about this new initiative and we hope you will make the most of this opportunity and gain the benefit from recycling your children’s school items, while at the same time helping another family within our school community.