You are very welcome at the Pathways Hub! It is for all students at Hallam Secondary College.
Careers teachers, Engagement Officers & teaching staff work with students to help them decide where they are headed after school. Each student is given assistance to understand what their interests, aptitude and skills are, the sorts of careers that they are suited to and to develop a plan of how they can get on the right pathway to get where they are headed.
Where is the Pathways Hub?
It is situated in the Year 12 Senior Center (Block A). The Pathways Hub is open to all students before school, during recess, lunchtime and after school on most days. The Curriculum Team, SWL Coordinator and Work Experience Coordinator are all situated in this building.
Pathways / Careers interviews
All students will have regular interviews with Careers Leader to discuss and develop their pathways / careers plans. Students (and parents) may also make an appointment with the Careers teacher at any time.
What is available at the Pathways Centre?
- Careers advice- talk with the careers counsellor about careers that might interest you and how to get there
- Lots of brochures about universities, TAFEs, apprenticeships, careers, etc
- Use of computers to research courses, write resumes, do VTAC applications, etc
- Help with resumes & cover letters, interview techniques, job searching and mock interviews
- Help looking for work experience and structured workplace learning and school-based apprenticeships & traineeships
- Information about applying for jobs, gaining apprenticeships and traineeships
- Links with local employers and jobs available
- Speakers about different careers
- Speakers about universities & TAFEs
- Advice about choosing subjects and courses in VCE & VCAL
- Advice about choosing subjects and courses at university & TAFE
- Careers excursions – visits to learn about careers, visits to universities & TAFEs
- Information about scholarships, cadetships, awards
Current students can access career information at https://hallamseniorcareers.com
(Students will need to register to use this site)