Hallam Senior College has recently been accredited to deliver the Senior VCAL Extension: Folio Enhancement.
The primary focus of this certificate is for post Year 12 students to develop a significant body of work that is folio based and suitable for interviews.
Senior VCAL Extension: Folio Enhancement
This program is an integrated Folio Development course in Art, Design and Digital Media. Students participate in all areas of study including practical workshops in Drawing, Life Drawing, Digital Imaging, Photography and Design. They also complete complimentary studies in Art, Design and Culture, and Professional Practice. Emphasis is placed on conceptual, skill and personal development.
Over the course of the year, students develop a comprehensive folio for presentation at interviews for further study, also enhancing career path options. On successful completion students attain a Certificate IV in Visual Art and Contemporary Craft and a Senior VCAL Extension Certificate.
About Hallam Senior College
Hallam Senior College offers a unique environment for senior students through the provision of Year 10, VCE, VET & VCAL, and is a significant senior certification provider in the Southern and South Eastern regions of Melbourne. The school population is culturally diverse with around 50 different cultures and nationalities harmoniously represented, which is highly valued by students, staff and the wider school community.
Through our Sub School system, Hallam Senior College is developing programs that are real and relevant to students enabling them to take the next positive steps into further education, training and employment. The Arts/Humanities Sub School monitors students closely, caters for individual needs and differences, actively fosters creativity and innovation, and provides a study focus through program choice. We have gained the support of Chisholm Institute, Deakin University and Swinburne University in the delivery of this Folio Development program, and offer particular connections with these institutes regarding future directions and studies in many arts related courses.
At Hallam we offer:
- An environment that fosters creativity and innovation and values diversity
- The opportunity to develop individual skills and talents Access to state of the art facilities and equipment
- A flexible timetable and curriculum Teachers and instructors who have a passion for arts and design
- Expert knowledge and skills from experienced teachers
- The development of confidence and skills to pursue career pathways in arts and design
- Access to professionals working in arts and design industries
- A curriculum that enables students to focus on their specific area of interest
- The opportunity for students to prepare for further studies in the arts
- Instructors with current and relevant industry experience
- A graduate exhibition at the end of the year planned and curated by students
Facilities and Equipment
- Three digital media labs
- State of the art Mac computers and latest edition software
- Scanners, negative scanners, tablets, CD/DVD burners
- Digital printers including Epson Photo printers
- Recording Studio
- SLR cameras, digital and analogue
- Video cameras including industry quality high definition video camer
- Photography Studio Black and white darkroom and film processing lab
- Theatre suitable for guest speakers and lectures
- Green Screen Studio
- On site Gallery
- Industrial spray booth
- Large printing press
- Sculpture Courtyard
- Drawing/painting studio including curtained area for life drawing
How to apply
Applicants will be required to attend an interview and present a folio of work that may include, drawing, painting, printmaking, digital imaging, video, photography or mixed media works.
All applicants must contact the college on (03) 9703 1266 to receive an application form or one can be downloaded (pdf).
Round 1 Applications close Friday 14th October.
Round 2: TBA
On return of the form, the college will contact the applicant and arrange an interview time. Interviews commence in November each year.
It is a requirement that all students have successfully completed a senior certificate (Year 12 level) or equivalent studies, to be eligible to apply.